Saturday, August 6, 2016

Club Championship, Round 4

Didn't need all that wet weather gear
Oh, gosh, weren't we all worried by that weather forecast, and the big blue and red blobs on the radar. Of course, we forgot that God plays at Wembley on the first Saturday of the month, so the rain carefully went around and about, avoiding the Old Course almost entirely, and dumping bucketloads on those unfortunate suburbs where poor people live. Ah well..
I'd like to introduce my long lost father

Perhaps the most poignant announcement of the day was that Malcolm and Shelley are celebrating their 48th wedding anniversary. Particularly poignant for Malcolm, who is now only two years away from a really expensive one - I'd start investing in gold futures while they're still historically low.

Gim indulges in a wrap
Shelley will soon be distributing meal order forms for the country cup. Remember, members are warmly invited to bring a guest for this event.

Two guys who set the dress code standard
Some stern words from our captain this week, concerning

1. Slow play....Don't.

2. Etiquette......Do

I think this means he lost
I've played better, but I've also played worse
And now, the novelties:

2nd
NTP
Brett
6th
NTP
Ciarán
13th
NTP in 2
Phil McK
17th
LD
Brett


And the fourth round of the Club Championship. Remember, it's your best five results out of the seven rounds that score for this competition. If you don't complete five rounds, bad luck. You're out of the running.

 Stephanie admits to swearing, but not excessively
Kerry
90
Dave
84
Malcolm
84
Richard
83
Lynne
82
Gim
82
Stan
80
Colin
78
Frances
78
Ciarán
77
Earle
77
Ian
77
Stephanie
76
Greg
76
Phil McK
76
Brett
75
Derek
75
Glen
75
Ross
74
Phil McC
73
Peter
73
Gary
73
Thomas
70
Shelley
69


 Congrats Shelley and Thomas. I think the general consensus was that it was a pretty "average" day's golf. (If I've got anyone's score wrong, I'm sorry, let me know. I was at the far end of the tables and couldn't hear that well).
Shelley stamps her mark on the Club Championships


And of course, most importantly, the raffle:


The winning number




Close up of the new numbers








No comments:

Post a Comment