Monday, September 30, 2013

Country Cup, 29 September 2013

Kwinana Golf Course, 29 September 2013.
(also known as "the day of the worst scores on record". Why? just take a look at the scores below...)

Country Cup
Prize sponsor: Bernie
"Dammit, it's raining!!!" Waking up at 6am was tough enough, the notion of playing under the rain is not really amusing.
Thanks to Peter, I got a lift at 7am at Leederville. During the trip, Peter asks: "Do you have a jacket? the weather forecasts have got worse since last night...". My answer was no. I don't generally check the weather forecasts every minute, I would expect that a forecast of 8 hours earlier would be pretty accurate. How wrong I was!!!
"Maybe I have a spare umbrella for you...". By 7:30am we were already at the golf club, and yes, Peter did have the spare umbrella. Very luckily, because it kept me kind of dry during the game, otherwise I would have been completely soaked in water.




The first thing that I noticed from the tee of #10 was how narrow were the fairways, it's going to be a tough day.
And tough it was. I played my worst game ever. I have to say that rain really puts me off when golfing. I don't mind it so much in many other sports, but golf under the rain... I'd rather wait in the club house...

Ok, scores.


Country Cup
Stableford play

Disqualifications:
The weather man!!!!!!!

Lollies of the day go to:
I could not believe that I escaped the lollies today, unfortunately this time the receiver of the lollies is David, with an ...er... unusual 14 points

Then:
Kerry 14
Kevan 15
Lorenzo 16
Rich 17
Phil 20
Ross 23
Toni 23
Ian 23
Greg 23
Vickie 24
DJ 25
Tony 25
Paul C 25
Steve 26
Peter 26
Paul G 26 (no eagles today, however... :) )
Gim 27
Jill 27
Brett 27
Shelley 28
Mal 28
Bernie 28

3rd place: 
Captain Earle 30

2nd place:
Gary 32 (dropping 4 strokes in the last 2 holes!)

and the winner is:
for the second day in a row, Lynne 34

Lynne is on fire!!!



Novelties:

NTP #3: Earle
NTP in 3 #7: Tony
Longest Drive #13: Phil
NTP #15: Vickie


Here is our today's photo gallery.




See the umbrellas? This is how we tee'd off! (from #10)









Finally, hamburger time








Look at Paul...then look behind him... is it Earle or a mirror???









Lynne, picking up trophies at the rate of one a day






No comments:

Post a Comment