Sunday, September 22, 2013

Club Championship Round 5, 21 September 2013

Old Course, Wembley Golf Complex, 21 September 2013.
(also known as "the day that the novelties markers didn't make it back home")

Club Championship Round 5
Prize sponsor: Gim

Back to almost normal weather conditions, for a change.
The day opens with a mystery: where are the novelties markers, who has them? Who had them last week? Has Gary ever been involved in this at all?
So, quick thinking...and instead of the usual novelties we had the putting competition.
Highlights of the day:
 - my buggy been hit by a ball on the very first hole... PAUL C, THAT WAS YOU!!! :)
 - for the second week in a row, someone that was not me played my ball... MAL, THAT WAS YOU!!! :) I'm considering explosive balls as a deterrent for future recurrences.
 - Bernie and I had a cultural exchange of colorful expressions to be used after a missed put

Scores!

Club Championship - Round 5
Stroke play

Disqualifications:
None, however I'm getting a little worried that my team mates play my balls...

Lollies of the day go to:
Paul C, with a not so bad 87. Sorry mate! or Sir, rather! :)

Then:
Rod 85
Mal 84
Ross 83
Lorenzo79
Stephanie 78
Earle 77
Colin 76
Kerry 76
Tony 75
Ian 74
Gim 74
Lynne 73
Don 73
Gary 73
Greg 73
Rich 73
Bernie 70
Phil 70
Shelley 70

3rd place: 
Glen 70 (despite his 78 off the stick...)

2nd place:
Paul G 69

and the winner is:
Peter 68

Go Peter Go!!!



Novelties:
What novelties???

Putting competition:
Won by Paul G, with 25 putts.


AOB:
We still have to take the photo of Kerry jumping up and down, hugging and kissing the Spring Cup...

This weekend we are going to have 2 games:
 - Saturday: Club Championship Round 6
 - Sunday: Country Cup.
 - BRING THE NOVELTIES MARKERS BACK!
Country Cup:
- What about some exotic outfit? (a Dockers jersey is NOT considered exotic)
- I NEED A LIFT!


Here is our weekly photo gallery. 


West Coast Eagles vs Dockers full frontal



Ok, forget what I said in the last 30 seconds, let me repeat from the beginning



This time I reckon I got it right...

























Peter, winner of today, awarded by Gim



a man in his natural environment

No comments:

Post a Comment