Wednesday, July 8, 2015

MatchPlay QuarterFinals and 4BBB

Well hi there guys & girls of the illustrious SOS Golf Society, and firstly don't expect much from this weeks blog due to me missing my game after being stuck in Melbourne.


As you all will know those lovely people at Virgin Australia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


decided to muck me (and 300 others) around by firstly delaying our flight from an original time of 6pm,,,, keeping our hopes going by stating:-

 "But sir the flight will go tonight, I promise!" 

All other flights by all other carriers were full by 7pm!

until finally cancelling the flight at 11pm, and then taking another hour or so to get us to a hotel with a measly $50 drink and meal voucher.


The Bosch Boys enjoying a beverage

However I must applaud the poor groundstaff who dealt with some very angry and grumpy Saffers, who were going to miss their connections in order to get back to SA.

Though I'm sure that if Richard Branson had employed the people below, especially in the cold of Melbourne there would've been a lot more smiles!

Ironically his shirt says "now boarding!"

I finally got through the door at 2pm Saturday, so I missed all the action and therefore have nothing to report.
Admittedly Kerry did take some pics but I haven't seen them yet, so they'll be saved for next week!


Novelties
Sorry not a clue but i do hear on the jungle-drums that Derek won 2 balls.
Make sure you use them wisely D-man.


MatchPlay Results
Again not sure, 


The Rest Results
All I know is Kerry was very happy with hers and Dave Williamson's result


Golden Hole
The monies haven't gone off so a massive ~$25 in both the Tuart and Old Course funds.
I reckon we leave it for a few weeks before anybody attempts to win it again.
What do you think peeps?


It's Ashes Time
Who thought you could get away without your Pommie Author mentioning the upcoming Ashes starting tonight, in fact as I write this!
The series will be a lot closer that a lot of people think, and if it isn't I will indeed eat my words.
For those few Aussies who took the bets, good luck, and let's have a cracking series.

For the English amongst us,,,,, C'Mon England,,,, let's see this again!





Next Week
Semi-finals of the MatchPlay event, and for us lucky losers 4BBB stableford


After Match Venue
Due to the inhospitable weather, lack of cover etc we are looking at other options to congregate after the game, though I do believe there is another option to look at at Wembley Golf Club,,,



watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment