Sunday, August 4, 2013

4BBB Stableford, 3 August 2013

Tuart Course, Wembley Golf Complex, 3 August 2013.
4 Ball Best Ball Stableford 

Sponsor: ...who was the sponsor this Saturday?


Some shattering news first: Glen did not score 79 gross this week, the weather was too good.

Now that we have got that out of the way, I can tell that we had a wonderful mild sunny day, a nice change after a few average winter Saturdays we had lately.
The practice putting green of the Tuart is still with no holes cups. My mind must have recorded too well that piece of information, as today I just could not find the holes in the following 18 greens. I have missed all the miss-able, including a 10 inches par putt on #3. Which really put me off and upset my game for the rest of the day.
Game wise, I have witnessed something pretty remarkable: Richard managed to get in 2 bunkers with 1 shot; on #11 I saw (and chased) a crow that stole Paul C's sandwich; also, on #16 I saw a ball falling from the sky. But all this was nothing compared to what we all learned in the club house: a water-to-fairway! is that correct? Can someone remind me who was the author of such a miracle?



Now the Scores.

4 Ball Best Ball
Stableford 
Disqualifications:
none, which is good.

Then:
Malcolm & Miriam 32. It needs to be said that although they were having a good game, unfortunately Miriam had to leave at hole #14.
Ross & Dave 34
Paul G & Vickie 34
Don & Bernie 36
Frances & Lorenzo 36
Rich & Paul C 38
Lynne & Brett 42
Ian & Peter 43

3rd place: 
Gary & Derek 44

2nd place:
Glen & Shelley 45

and the winners are:
Earle & Stephanie 47


Congratulations Stephanie, well done Captain!



Match Play
Shelley vs Colin 3/1



Novelties:
NTP in 2 #5: Brett
NTP #9: Lorenzo
NTP in 2 #16 (which was originally planned as NTP #15...): Gary
Longest Drive #18: Colin



Play of the day:
Without a shadow of a doubt, whoever came up with that super-natural water-to-fairway.


Next week: Club Championship AND Sizzles and Sausages.


Here is our weekly photo gallery. 
Don't miss Gary's sexy bionic leg!


The winners. And Glen.












EDITOR'S CHOICE

I'm sexy and I know it

No comments:

Post a Comment